[C320-list] Problem solved !

Jack McDonough mcdonough5 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 13 08:15:24 PDT 2011

I have solved (sort of) the problem of having to uproot both halves of the quarterberth bedding to reach the fresh water tank valves.

The idea of relocating the valves elsewhere in the boat seemed like a daunting task so, naturally, I just kept stalling -- and stringing together a number of short words, many ending in "ing," every time I switched tanks. The biggest problem was that the panel that covers the valves wasn't beneath just one cushion --  it extended at least 6 inches under the aft-most cushion, making it extremely difficult to move.

Then, a couple of weeks ago, I had a brilliant idea. I simply cut the panel in half. Now all I have to do is lift one cushion and raise the half-panel beneath it to reach the pump and valves. Yes, it still isn't ideal but it's a whole lot easier and the process now takes less than a minute with no difficulty.

I'm reporting this brilliant feat only because it might help others who aren't as quick thinking.  It took me only nine years to figure it out.

Jack