[C320-list] MARELON SEACOCK LUBRICATION

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Sun Sep 11 07:33:07 PDT 2011

I have always used Lanocote. Forespar also lists this as the lube for Marelon valves. I called Forespar tech support last spring to ask about changing the configuration of the valves in the head and asked this question about lube. They said a little Lanocote but mostly just to use them regularly.

I just use a glue brush with the thruhull closed and work it slowly for a few minutes. The more you use them the better they work.

If you warm up the lanocote it will cover well, then thickens up and doesn't wash out easily.

-jeff.

JJ Morrison <sail-ability at sympatico.ca> wrote:

Anyone recommend a lubricant for these thruhulls? Mine are getting a bit stiff.
Thanks and cheers
JohnM
1999 #574