[C320-list] Leaking port replacements

Gary Magnuson gary.magnuson at frontier.com
Mon Sep 12 18:36:58 PDT 2011

John,
I have been going back over the various posts covering the leaky port
issues, and am ready to tackle the job.  I have replaced the O rings, but
still get some dripping when ever it rains. Some comments have suggested to
just reseal the small gap between the frame halves.  Can you describe your
process and about how long it took per window?  My 1995 has 7 windows,
including the 4 in the main salon. If I get started with this project, I
plan to do them all at the same time.  A local Catalina broker rep suggested
taping the hull around the frames before removing the frames to limit the
amount of clean up.  Unfortunately, he is now in the Hospital and
unavailable for additional questions.

Thanks,
Gary Magnuson
1995#205