[C320-list] Leaking Portholes

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Mon Sep 19 11:08:23 PDT 2011

Hey Walt,

    Essentially it's a closed cell rubber foam roughly  1/4+" thick and
about an inch or so wide adhesive on one side.  You stick it to the hatch
frame where it will contact the hull and it compresses down and forms a
great seal that isn't supposed to dry out.

Where the two ends meet you generally overlap them and with a sharp razor,
cut diagonally across width-wise about 45 degrees or so and remove the
overlapped parts.  Then they compress for a leak free joint.  A butt joint
could pull apart and leave a little gap.

As Jon Vez and I found out, it has a shelf life, so use what you need and
find someone else to give the leftover to..  :-)   Live and learn.

-Jeff