[C320-list] Accent Tape - Suggestions

Karl Krueger smoothsail282 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 16 11:39:11 PDT 2012

Hello All:

I'm in the process of replacing the accent tape (blue and teal), the boat
is a 1995 vintage and the tape is splitting.  The boat is on the hard and
is a fin keel.  The cradle is on blocks and the accent tape area is
probably 12 feet above the ground.  Hence I've decided to do the work from
the deck instead of a ladder.

I've put a good quality tape on the bottom of edge of the accent tape for
the purpose of a straight edge for the new tape.  I'll be using a blow
dryer to soften & remove the old tape.

Any problems performing this task from the deck?  Also, suggestion are
appreciated.

Karl Krueger
Kindred Spirit #282
Milwaukee Wisconson