[C320-list] Dawn soap

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 14:17:56 PDT 2012

There are five "Must Have" cleaners aboard Commitment...Dawn, Zud,
Kaboom, Clorox and Meguires Plastic Polish.

Dawn for dishes, decks, bilge and anything oily/greasy.

Zud (or Barkeepers Friend) for rust removal, bleaching teak or water
stains in wood and wherever a mildly abrasive cleanser/bleach is
required. Active ingredient is Oxalic acid,a strong organic acid that
is a reducing agent and does not harm fibers in wood or fabric.
Literally counters the rust/oxidation process.

Kaboom, oxalic acid again, great for removing stains from the deck and
hull, kills mildew.

Chlorox (small bottle) for cleaning the reefer and to pour a small
amount down the drains to keep the growth of algea at bay.

Meguires for keeping the dodger panels crystal clear.

--
Chris Burti
Farmville, NC