[C320-list] Am I slow under power?

Paul pjaarch at verizon.net
Tue Apr 17 06:26:33 PDT 2012

I believe that 5.3 knots is slow at 3000 rpm.  "Rough Draft" was running
slow when I first purchased her.  I had the Tach checked and it was running
high by only 25 rpms.  I then had my prop turned and added an inch of pitch
to her.  1 inch of added pitch will reduce your rpms by 200.  It is very
important that you do not over pitch the prop.  It must still be able to run
at 3600 rpms under load.  I was able to run the boat at 3800 rpms under load
which is why I added the 1" pitch to the prop.  I now can run her 5.8 knots
at 2800 rpms and just over 6.2 knots at 3000 rpm.

Paul Adison
C320 #722
S/V Rough Draft