[C320-list] Am I slow under power?

Karl Mielenhausen kmielen at suddenlink.net
Wed Apr 18 05:37:37 PDT 2012

Here is a link to the speed curve for my 2000 C320, Yanmar 3GM, 15x9
3-bladed prop....
http://pages.suddenlink.net/kmielen/C320Docs/FuelEff.xls

You may be overpitched at 15x10 but not so much to explain all the rpm
loss. Other suggestions are excellent, especially checking the exhaust
elbow for blockage.
When you check the cable throw, make sure max at the pedestal
translates to max down on the engine.
You can also easily check to see that all 3 cylinders are
"contributing" by throwing each decompression lever (one at a time)
and watching and listening to what is happening.
We do have a Photo Tach available for loan from the C320IA toolbox
(free to dues paying members).
Let us know what you find out.

Karl