[C320-list] Engine RPM verus SOG

Alan Goodman goodmanalanlee at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 16:11:58 PDT 2012

Last Fall, in anticipation of having my propeller inspected and tuned, I
 used my GPS SOG reading to plot engine RPM versus SOG.  I was also
interested in establishing maximum cruise range operating conditions
(i.e. fuel efficiency). These figures are pretty accurate since they
were obtained on flat water, no wind, and no current.  I also double
checked them by running in the opposite direction to make sure there
were minimal environmental effects.  I have a Perkins (not sure of the
Hurth gear reduction) with a 15 X 9 three blade prop.  Data is presented as Engine
RPM / SOG. Speed is in Kts.

1200 at 4.0//1500 at 4.8//2000 at 5.7//2500 at 6.7//2750 at 7.0//3000 at 7.3