[C320-list] TV antennas

Donald Lawson dnclaws at aol.com
Wed Apr 18 17:25:31 PDT 2012

Our Boat came with a TERK outdoor antenna from Best Buy,  mounted on the Vberth bulkhead. Was terrible. Put a Radio Shack amplifier on the antenna lead and it was a little better. I got better reception with a BOATENNA, with a $10 amplifier,   I hauled up with my Main halyard on my last boat.  I just did a refit using a Shakespere 2020 14" { by Winegard} mounted on a 24" extension on my STBD stern pulpit.  I had a Sirius antenna there which I did not use. I am very pleased. Good reception around most of Santa Cruz Island. A 10" would be a little cleaner but it is offset visually by my engine hoist on the port quarter. Pulling my mast just to put up a masthead antenna was not an option.  You might just need to put an amplifier in the antenna lead. I would not recommend Radio Shack.
Glomex is also a good choice.
Don Lawson
Mandolin Wind #1005