[C320-list] Rust and Marlube

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 22 13:59:09 PDT 2012

Here is an interesting story.  Last October at the boat show in Annapolis, I
stopped at the Forespar booth.  They had a 4oz container of MareLube.  I was
surprised and said to the rep, "What's the deal with Marelube?  Your web
site has said that no lubrication was necessary."  To which he replied, "We
didn't used to recommend lubrication because too many people were using the
wrong lubricant and causing more problems than if they and used nothing."
So I bought a container.

I also use a synthetic lubricant that contains PTEF and no silicone. It is a
dielectric and I use it on everything including electrical connections.
This is similar to MareLube; but, I feel the manufacturer's product is the
best bet.  Never had a problem with it.