[C320-list] Lubrication - Maintenance In-Mast Furling

wflowe3 at aim.com wflowe3 at aim.com
Mon Apr 30 09:19:54 PDT 2012

Bob,
Based on your hull number, I assume that you have the 2 line furling system. From my experiences with that system on my last boat (Beneteau w/ Z-Spar furling)  I suspect that halyard tension or furling line wear may be the problem. As far as I know the only maintenance recommended is a occasional freshwater washdown of the top swivel, the Torlon bearings in the outhaul car, and the furling drum.  US Spars (check their website) does recommend wd-40 or something but I never used lubricants. Getting new furling lines, THE CORRECT DIAMETER made a big difference in the operation of the system.

Bill
Papillon # 1146