[C320-list] Help for older Autopilots

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 5 08:11:43 PDT 2012

I realize we shouldn't use this list for hyping vendors, so consider this
more of a help for owners of older autopilots and instruments that Raymarine
will no longer repair.  Dan Gerhardt [C250 at mydurango.net] a retired
geologist in Durango, CO, may be able to repair your Raymarine / Autohelm /
Raytheon autopilot.  He also does some work on the ST50s, but they are
usually just as cheep to buy used as repair.  If he can't repair it, he may
offer to buy it for parts.

An while I'm at it, I had an occasion to obtain a newer wheel pilot (just
the wheel stuff, not the control head.)  My impression is that it works much
better with my old electronics than did the original wheel stuff.  The
synchronous motor seems bigger, heavier duty, and responds well (better) to
the ST4000+ controller.

Warren & Pattie Updike

1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"