[C320-list] Battery charger issue?

Dean Vermeire dean at vermeire.us
Mon Aug 13 08:25:33 PDT 2012

Hello Catalina 320 Think Tank,

I have an issue I need to bounce off of you.  I have found that if I
leave the battery selector switch on 2 while away from the boat for a
period of time (e.g. a week), the battery drains down to nothing. The
refrigerator is warm, etc.  When I leave the switch on 1, there are no
issues.  It seems that the shore power and battery charger keep battery
1 charged up, but not 2.  However, if I run the engine, battery 2 seems
to get charged up.

I have checked all connections, and everything seems to be fine. The
batteries are both just under one year old.

Is it possible for the charger to be charging one battery and not the other?

Thanks in advance,
Dean Vermeire
Moonstruck II  (#847)