[C320-list] Microwave success!

hcreech at comcast.net hcreech at comcast.net
Wed Aug 22 10:12:30 PDT 2012

OK I DID IT!
I was really about to give up. Found a white Rival 700 watt microwave with nice features at Wallyworld for only $49.00. It met every dimension but height, it was 10-1/8" high and I had to fit it in 9-7/8" with some wiggle room. I figured at this low price it was worth a try even if it did not work, but it did!
I popped off the front plastic legs with a pair of pliers, the easy part, then filed the rear metal legs down to the metal base of the microwave. It took a while to do but was not that hard. The design of the bottom looked like that even without the legs it would have sufficient air circulation. It fit like a glove and is working great. If Myron is right about the older boats having an opening of 9-5/8" it won' t work without modifying the outside wood frame, but there is plenty of room behind the frame where the space is higher. Can't believe how much effort I put in to find a replacement, but I believe work just fine.
I am going to keep the older microwave and see if I can have it fixed for a backup, but only at a reasonable price. If Warren can let me know where he had his repaired it would be quite helpful?

Herb Creech
Cloud Chaser 606