[C320-list] BACKSTAY TENSIONER

Denny Browne dennybrowne at verizon.net
Fri Aug 3 10:40:23 PDT 2012

There's a good Rig Tune and Sail Selection write-up by Mark Yeager on the website that provides detailed instructions on how to build your own with 1/4" line, two wire blocks, one small single block, a couple of small triple blocks with beckets, and a couple of shackles to attach the ends to the base of the backstay sides. I didn't have the shackles with me, so I used a couple of 12" pieces of 1/4" sta-set line as a temporary measure and haven't gotten around to replacing the line with the shackles. For ten years. The point is, use small hardware, the load isn't much.

Denny Browne
A Cappella #935
Redondo Beach

Sent from handheld, sorry for typos, grammar, etc...