[C320-list] AC

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at bex.net
Fri Aug 3 12:18:30 PDT 2012

Sounds like the AC cabin temperature setting is much too low given the
difference between indoor & the outdoor temp/humidity. I understand that the
closer you move toward a 20 degree differential, the greater the likelihood
that one can end up with a frozen coil ( as per my recent annual home AC
service technician visit last month).  If I am not mistaken, many AC units
installed in the aft corner storage above the fuel tank often draw uncooled
air into the AC unit inlet and so the higher humidity/temperature
differential to the AC temperature setting is may likely result in frosting
the coils. That is precisely why I installed the return air inlet in the aft
cabin that provides cooler air to a sealed plenum aligned directly to the AC
coil (my AC unit is installed in the port locker). I am located in the
south-western basin of Lake Erie where 90 degree temps and 85-90 percent
humidity are normal in July & August (especially this summer). Not
experiencing coil freezing issues as I am circulating cooler & dryer cabin
air to the inlet resulting in faster &  lower cabin temperatures and that
often exceeds a 20 degree cabin to outdoor temperature difference without
freezing the AC coil.

Rick
My-Ria #277