[C320-list] Perkins 30

Warren wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 5 11:15:14 PDT 2012

Nat, I presume that "...it doesn't like it," means that you are getting the
shake-rattle-roll response.  This has bothered me too for 8 years; and,
right around the same rpm.  I've had "experts" tell me that this is common
with small diesels.  I've also heard that it could be the result of an
injector not opening at low speeds. I intend to find out this season as I'm
planning on having an "expert" adjust valves, compression test, and test
injectors.  We have almost 2.000 hours on it, and while it runs like a top
and exhaust is clear, I want to insure it stays in tip-top shape.  I'll
publish whatever I find.  I hope this guy is an expert.
Warren Updike #62