[C320-list] C320 Prop Question

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 13 14:20:02 PDT 2012

Normally, when you move from a 2 blade to 3 blade prop the diameter is
reduced not increased.  I suggest you contact Catalina with the engine model
and transmission ratio information.  They will tell you the proper sized
3-blade prop for your boat.
If you are over propped at 3/15, you might also find you cannot reach max
rpm for that engine.  As you are "in the process" I hope you get the current
owner to correct this before you buy.
Welcome to the wonderful world of C320.  You'll find this list and the web
site to be invaluable references.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"