[C320-list] Bang

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Mon Aug 20 06:07:30 PDT 2012

Hi,

There was a discussion back in 2008 or so about this.  Annie Bennett submitted a photo of this where (if you zoom in on the vang bracket), you can see what happens if you don't keep a washer below the SS boom vang bracket.  It shows the "V" worn into the aluminum, and also shows how the vang itself will be stressed and break because of it.

http://www.catalina320.com/mediagallery/media.php?s=2008111610222652

So be sure to keep a washer under that vang bracket, the boat was supposed to be commissioned with one.  On ours, there was room for a reasonably thick SS Washer below and above that bracket.  I keep it greased when I think about it.

-Jeff