[C320-list] cabin top tracks

Pat Ireland cherie320 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 09:57:11 PDT 2012

Nat

We went to a smaller jib, because the normal wind strength is over 20kts in
the Bay.  We knew we wanted less sail area for most of our sailing.

When we were considering the change, using a furled (reefed) sail as a
trial was suggested.  The timing of the traveler availability did not allow
that experiment, but if your sail configuration works for you with that
much reefed, it will work with a self tacking control system.  Personally,
I'm not too impressed with the shape of a sail furled to 80-90%, but it
certainly is an option.

Pat, 801