[C320-list] Replacing the Maxwell 500

Gene Helfman genehelfman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 16:32:17 PST 2012

I think this has been discussed, but I need a reminder where to find the
information.  Our Maxwell 500 windlass has died and we'd like to replace it
with something that has a combo rope/chain gypsy and maybe more oomph to
handle a 33 lb Rocna plus appropriate chain.  Everything I'm seeing (e.g.,
at West and Fisheries Supply) is vertical or looks like it wants to sit to
port of the chain locker.   It would be nice to simplify a
complicated-enough change to take advantage of the starboard, horizontal
set up of the Maxwell. Has anyone done this or can point me in a useful
direction?

Gene Helfman, Satori, #398

Gene Helfman, Professor Emeritus
Odum School of Ecology, University of Georgia
PERMANENT address:
    498 Shoreland Dr., Lopez Is., WA 98261
    (360) 468-2136
    genehelfman at gmail.com

"You noticed nobody gives a damn about beached minnows."