[C320-list] Catalina 320 spun-bound polyester

Jack Russ jsruss at msn.com
Fri Dec 21 08:17:54 PST 2012

What you are looking at is called fiberglass matt.  This is commonly used in fiberglass boat construction to buildup the thickness of the laminate.  I do not know the fiberglass lamination schedule for the 320.  Unless someone on the forum knows the schedule, I would call or email Gerry Douglas at Catalina Yachts and ask him.  That way you could determine if it is part of the stock lamination or was used as a repair.
Jack - hull #51