[C320-list] Lewmar ST winch issue

Karl Mielenhausen kmielen at suddenlink.net
Fri Dec 21 12:44:50 PST 2012

Larry,

I have not personally experienced this problem, at least not on my C320.

A quick check of the internet indicated:
1/ Might be caused by too thick a sheet. Did you by chance upsize when
you replaced? The spec on the 44ST, however, is 8mm - 14mm, so I think
you'd have a tough time exceeding 14mm.
2/ Several complaints about the newer, high-tech lines not gripping
due to either stiffness or slipperiness.
3/ West Maine has a decent price (rare!) on the jaw kit ($36). For
that, you get both crowns, stripper, and springs. If you have a Port
Supply account, the price is around $28. Lewmar #48000450
4/ Pyachts has the springs (Lewmar # 45000112) for $2 each. WM does
not carry the springs alone.

Please let us know how you resolve the problem.

Karl