[C320-list] Emergency Tiller!!?!

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Thu Feb 9 07:08:54 PST 2012

I tried to use the emergency tiller once and pretty much determined that I would not be successful steering the boat with it unless I was on glass smooth seas going straight ahead.

The angles, the short tube, lack of leverage on our huge rudder make it mostly useless. Certainly any seas that might cause you to lose your steering would be unmanagable with the e-tiller.

I think it is a check box required item only. Nobody apparently said it had to be functional.

My opinion only.
Jeff

Amiraults Family <amiraults at sympatico.ca> wrote:

All:

Thank you. Once the cover comes off in the spring I will empty lockers until
I find it, or confirm that I lack this item. In the latter event, I WILL
contact Catalina for a new one. The more I think on it the more I see the
need.

Brian

797 Waltzing Bear, too