[C320-list] Installing stern seat speakers

Colin Evans twosailors at bigpond.com
Mon Feb 27 13:43:04 PST 2012

Lou ,you will have to drill and seal the rails under the seats, and through
the deck at the base of the stern rail. I know this is the preferred method
for Catalina, but I think those speakers are a bit ugly.

I put cockpit speakers in the vertical faces of the aft port and starboard
lockers.  Almost flush mounted, I used the GME 160 mm diameter. ( the
smaller of the two available here)compatible with the stereo.
The wires were easy to run.  I laid them in a 10mm loom tube.  Similar the
those already in the boat .  And I followed the tracks from behind the
stereo, behind the switchboard, remove the timber trims inside the three
cupboards behind the oven, and follow through the big cockpit locker.  I zip
tied the new loom to the existing. The only hard to access part was behind
the steering, but it`s just a case of getting the 60 + year old x 6`-4``
body in the aft locker, and worse, getting it  back out again.
I cut the holes in the lockers with a jigsaw using the template with the
speakers. A morning`s work, cost about $AUS70.
I can get you some photos if you like.

Regards
Colin Evans
Watermark #774