[C320-list] Motor Mount Replacement

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at bex.net
Sun Jan 22 15:27:13 PST 2012

Tom,

You are welcome to post my motor mount replacement process to support the
Catalina380 owners.

The only addition to my motor mount post on the Catalina320 site should be
an acknowledgement that the final engine to prop shaft alignment
consideration should be to do the alignment after the hull has been in the
water for a couple of weeks to allow the hull to "relax" and return to its
true shape after being laid up on a cradle during the storage season.  For
my 320 model, the hull flex could  have accounted for the majority of the
variation between an alignment done while on the hard vs. the need for my
realignment check and subsequent re-adjustment after the hull had been in
the water for a couple of weeks.

Rick

C320 My-Ria Hull #277