[C320-list] Tuning Hood jib furling (thanks) How high can you point?

jpmesa at aol.com jpmesa at aol.com
Mon Jan 9 15:44:46 PST 2012

I tried some of the ideas this weekend and it looks like it was the halyard tension was the main problem. Hood also told me to check the halyard tension first.I flopped all my halyard end a few month ago and I lost all my old my old setting marks.  The telltale have always flowed nicely and the adjustable jib track has had good setting from the racing day. I was just hoping to point a few degree higher which I seem to get this weekend. Most of my boats (8) over the years have had hank on sail.  But as my hair has turned gray a good furling jib has made my life much more comfortable. Speaking of pointing higher I'm curious how high others are pointing in the group and I'm not talking about pinching? Thanks JOHN    Holokai  2