[C320-list] raw water intake modification

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Fri Jan 13 11:53:03 PST 2012

You could also just open the thru hull after you're all done and then
unscrew and drain the strainer.  The antifreeze does freeze in really cold
weather but gets slushy first, so has less tendency to break things.  I
still try to empty the strainer and muffler for the winter.

Also, make sure ALL your thru-hulls are open.  You don't want
water/condensation/whatever to settle in the valve area and freeze.  Could
easily get cracks or damage seals.  Don't forget the holding tank thru-hull
either...  I did one year and that didn't work out so well.

-Jeff