[C320-list] Boom Sheave Lube

JJ Morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 23 08:33:42 PST 2012

Any white grease will work even sail kote, less is better if you use grease. However make sure the sheaves are not binding on the boom as mine are. You may be aware (at least on my boat) the the entire sheave assy will slip out of the boom if there are no lines on it. My sheave assy goes too far into the boom and the sheaves bind on it. Haven't come up with a fix yet, something to keep the sheave axle from sliding too far into the end of the boom??
Cheers
JohnM
#574 1999