[C320-list] Head fresh water plumb

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Tue Jan 24 03:53:27 PST 2012

Don,

Just for clarity, some confuse using the sink method as connecting your
fresh water system to the head--this is not the case. Your fresh water and
black water systems remain completely isolated. If you do Tee off the sink
drain, you are simply using water that you would be pouring down the sink
and out of the boat. Think of it as if you were capturing the water from the
sink in a jug...same thing...If you aren't already familiar with Peggy Hall
aka 'Head Mistress', she has some good stuff on this.

What adds to this confusion is that Raritan and other manufacturers who sell
electric heads have fresh water flushing versions of their heads. This does
connect the two systems, however there is additional hardware involved that
creates a 'firewall' between the two. Very different setup than what we are
talking about....either way, providing the ability to flush with fresh water
is a good thing no matter how you achieve...

Regards,

Jon Vez