[C320-list] Is there a weight limit to going to the top of the mast.

Tony Murphy tony at midwestphysics.com
Fri Jul 6 11:56:19 PDT 2012

Well... There's no duh for me on this answer. After putting up two lines and a redundant harness so I don't come crashing down from a line failure, this method of relying on my "partner" to manually hold the line and ease it under control seems way out in the left field danger zone.  I suppose having two people each supporting one of my lines would add to the safety, but it still seems as though I'm only a slip, stroke, or heart attack away from crashing to the deck from 30-40'.

Is there no "mechanical" way for my wife to control descent without the need to enlist additional assistance?  Maybe I need to look into this MastClimber setup after all.

Tony M.
Bella Sol 886
Walker, MN
--