[C320-list] Anchor Windlass Capability

Gene Helfman genehelfman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 09:26:10 PDT 2012

Thanks for bringing this up.  We're in final negotiations on a 1997 320
with "upgraded" ground tackle: 40 lb plow and 50 ft of larger chain than
standard.  So we will need to replace the Maxwell 500 with a larger, more
powerful windlass that has both rope and chain capability (granted, as
Dennis noted, we could power up to the chain and get away with a chain
donkey only).  Has anyone upgraded to something along these lines?

thanks,

gene

--
Gene Helfman, Professor Emeritus
Odum School of Ecology, University of Georgia
    genehelfman at gmail.com

"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day,
Teach a man to fish and he'll deplete the
      oceans."

The Book of Bob, Ironies 24:7