[C320-list] Anchor Windlass Capability

Colin Evans twosailors at bigpond.com
Fri Jul 13 20:52:12 PDT 2012

Gary,
Did you use the splice which connects the rope to the end link of the chain.
Most websites I`ve looked at do this.  My concern would be wear to the rope.
I`ve found a site that shows an elongated splice along the chain for 12 - 14
inches.  Have a look at
http://johndanicic.com/sailing%20pages/GOB%20articles/JF07_Splicing.pdf
and scroll down to the third page.
I like the idea of the smooth transition between rope and chain.
Regards
Colin Evans
Watermark #774
Lake Macquarie, Australia