[C320-list] Bilge inspection port

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 21 14:50:12 PDT 2012

I've not pulled up any of the vinyl galley deck.  Once the cabinets are
removed you will find an inspection hole underneath aft of the thru hull.
This is the space between the liner and the hull.  With the several leaks
I've encountered, there is always a collection of water in this space.  I'm
able to remove it with a small shop vac the hose of which I push into the
inspection hole toward the center of the hull.  In this way I'm able to
remove most of the water.  The rest will dry with time.  Since I've resolved
the leaks, the whole sub-sole area has been dry, although, the whole
adventure over a period of years has been a major pain.  It's clear why
Catalina redesigned the whole under sole plan.  The original stunk!  Yet,
I've never been sorry with our purchase.  It's a great boat.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"