[C320-list] water pump won't shut up

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 22 06:42:50 PDT 2012

I've been told by the marina where I purchased our boat new (2004) that one of the reasons that the tank valves were moved by Catalina to the aft cabin (apparently early boats had them either in the port settee or under the sink-don't know for sure just hearsay) was the problem of self priming if the tanks ran dry. That info has made me reluctant to move them to the galley but it looks like others haven't experienced that issue. I have a neighbor with an Mark II with the valves back under the galley and he has experienced the lack of self prime after winterizing. Anybody thoughts?

Jim Brown