[C320-list] C320 decal

Barry Parker bparkeresq at aol.com
Mon Jul 23 17:13:50 PDT 2012

Don,

I have no skin in this game, but my legal career spanning more than two decades has been spent communicating (nicely, and not so nicely) with those who deliberately or inadvertently abuse and misuse other's trademarks and copyrights.

I am sure that Catalina Yachts has seen many an owner want to put a logo on personal items.  Thus, the "authorized" patch that can be found for sale online, as noted by another member. Outside of limited personal use of an authorized logo, I fear the weather can turn south quickly.

Anyone who may wish to use logo patches outside of limited personal use, e.g., what might be perceived as sponsored sailing activity or gear would do well to send a brief letter to Catalina Yachts, Inc., 21200 Victory Blvd., Woodland Hills, CA 92367 and explain what you wish to do and whether or not permission is required or obtainable for that particular activity.

I am sure that neither the Association nor any member here intends to induce or otherwise contribute to unlawful activity.

Fair sailing,

--Barry Parker
Fogdog #224
This comments made above are the opinion of the author and not that of the Association.  They are provided for general information and education purposes only.  They are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship or legal advice for any specific circumstance.

Sent from my iPhone