[C320-list] Honda EU2000

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Wed Jul 25 18:27:17 PDT 2012

> I plan on carrying my Honda EU2000 this summer for my long
> cruise. I keep one around as earthquake insurance. Where do
> you carry yours?

I keep mine in the starboard lazarette.  I have mounted some carpet
protector cups on the ply shelf to locate the generator - the rubber feet
sit in these cups. I also use a setup like the Defender Gas Tank Strap
#359990 but with an acetyl Side Release Buckle (Defender 752532)to hold the
whole thing firmly in place.  Finally I then slip a large tuff plastic bag
over it in case of any water getting in via the hatch.

When in use, I place the generator on the swimming platform at an angle so
the exhaust points away.  When swinging at anchor or on a mooring this
ensures the fumes are carried well away from the boat and minimises the
noise on the boat itself.  Yes, I do tie the generator on just in case of a
sudden wash hitting the boat but in reality it has never been a problem -
the genny just sits there rock solid and does its job.  I use a bicycle anti
theft cable with a padlock for this both for its strength and to remove
temptation from others if we leave the boat for a while.

Stephen Cox
Tegwen #1141