[C320-list] Interior measurements

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at bex.net
Thu Jul 26 16:34:53 PDT 2012

We installed a 16.5 BTU CruiseAirr AC/Heat unit in the port locker behind
the breadbox with the same configuration identified by Steve below. We added
a louvered vent to the lower portion of the aft cabin door and made sure
that we created a plenum that sealed the inlet duct to the AC/Heat coil &
fan housing to insure that we were super cooling the inlet air. We have no
problem cooling the  V-berth with a single outlet duct above the breadbox.
Having a variable speed fan arrangement helps reduce noise as does using a
memory foam topper on the aft mattress for comfort that also further sound
deadens the AC pump located near the engine seacock. Keep in mind that the
AC water  pump must located below the waterline.

Regarding the port list, it is not worth all that much time correcting given
that most of the storage is located on the port side anyway. We balance the
list somewhat by keeping the aft water tank full as it the last to be tapped
as well as locating the dinghy outboard on the aft starboard rail and the
spare anchor, lines and shore power cords, etc. in the aft starboard corner
locker.  Someone actually added some lead ballast to their 320's starboard
side several years ago, but that does not appear to be necessary. We have
not noticed any issues with sailing on either a port or starboard tack as a
result of the list with our wing keeled hull. Serious racers in our area
shun AC units, run their tanks near empty and carry very little on to their
boats, and even then, the smaller port list does not appear to impact their
performance results.

Rick
My-Ria #277