[C320-list] Water in fuel

Marko Jamnik mjamnik at markocreative.net
Tue Jul 31 06:11:48 PDT 2012

My recap on water in the fuel was a rather expensive process. Being attentive to your fuel situation is so important on many fronts. I had an abundance of water in my tank.

Having purchased the boat three years ago, I should have at that point my tank flushed.  I would recommend a flush every 5 to 10 years debating where you sail. Try and purchase your fuel at a location that has a good turnover. When fueling I would recommend using a filtered funnel as the initial separator before it gets to your primary filter. Make sure your Oring is replaced or lubricated.
My result was having my tank flushed, replace my injectors as well as the injector pump. Drain any addition water from the system.

It's all about clean fuel. Another piece of advice I have been given and many would concur is to run your engine under load. We at times do not run our engines long enough

My wallets lighter but I'm a happy sailor now.

Marko
Lake ON