[C320-list] muffler

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 31 06:36:52 PDT 2012

If memory serves me (don't count on that,) there was a thread a few years
ago by someone who replaced the Catalina muffler with a Vetus muffler.
There was even a message from Gerry Douglas stating "As long as it has the
same capacity and and inlet and outlet hoses it should work."
Now, I see that WM doesn't carry the Vetus brand; and, that the Vetus
"WaterLock" muffler is plastic and there are reports of melting.  Vetus
recommends the installation of a temperature gage to warn of high temps
should water flow be impaired (what? You forgot to open the cooling water
thru-hull??  Who would ever do that!)

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"