[C320-list] Battery Charger Mystery

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 1 13:52:21 PDT 2012

Alan, I've wondered about the gas emissions from battery charging.  The
whole battery compartment is somewhat sealed in that there is not much air
exchanged by convection.  I've thought about installing an ignition
protected fan and vent in the liner under the cushions.  Yandina.com offers
a Battery Ventilator Controller that runs the fan when a charge current is
present.  I don't think it needs to be vented to the outside, just into the
cabin where the greater volume of air will reduce the hydrogen
concentration.
Has anyone done something like this?

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"