[C320-list] Anti-Freeze Leak

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 04:56:57 PDT 2012

You can go to an auto store and get a radiator pressure tester-these replace the radiator cap or in our case the cap on the exchanger and come with a hand pump that allows you to pressurize the system They also have a pressure gauge that you can use to measure the pressure and then watch for leak down of the pressure. They are pretty cheap-check JC Whitney etc. You can check without running the engine. You can also use talcum powder around the likely sources of the leak and see if the powder gets wet or all a little florescent dye to the antifreeze and look with a blue light (also available through auto stores).

Jim Brown