[C320-list] Leaking Compass Housing

Colin Evans twosailors at bigpond.com
Sun Jun 24 14:25:08 PDT 2012

Thanks Warren,
I think I have solved the problem .  I used a silicone plumbers sealer ( not
Sikaflex) for the lower third of the cable cover with plenty around the
screws.  As you say, it needed to be above the opening in the aft bulkhead .
I also laid the compass cover on a bed of silicone grease.  I don`t know how
successful that will be.  The other thing I did was to put an 4 inch
inspection hatch in the cable cover in tha aft cabin, up as high as possible
.  This will allow me to check for water in there without breaking the seal
against the aft bulkhead.  I`ve had a busy weekend.
Thanks to all for the input.
Regards
Colin Evans
Watermark #774