[C320-list] Mystery Leak

Fred LEcuyer fred.lecuyer at live.com
Mon Jun 25 09:43:49 PDT 2012

It's got to be a stray bottle between the floor and the hull. If it was a leaking holding tank..... you would not be reporting that it smelled like a cleaner! There's lots of space that has little access. Try spraying some water to determine what section of the boat the blue is coming from then start removing cabinets, etc.  If a cleaner was stored beneath the head sink and you've heeled over pretty far, you might have gotten the bottle stuck in with the hoses.  The back wall of the aft hanging locker comes out pretty easily and you'll have an easy time spotting if it's in there.  A mirror and flashlight will show you a good portion of the area just forward of the engine in the galley area. (Galley cabinet came out with just 5 screws on our #926.) Also the "fire extinguisher" cabinet below the oven comes out with 4 screws and gives you a little more visibility.

Good luck!

Fred