[C320-list] BATTERY CHARGER

Donald Lawson dnclaws at aol.com
Tue Mar 6 19:54:00 PST 2012

I am in the process of adding a dedicated start battery and paralleling the 2 4D  batteries for house use on my 2004.  I have the stock Charles  charger in the cockpit locker.
The stock wiring from the charger is 6AWG with a 30 amp fuse within 7" of each battery terminal per ABYC. I have verified what I have against the Catalina wiring diagram and they match. This Catalina wiring diagram shows the 30 amp fusing was added around March of 2003. The wiring diagram also indicates the inline fuse was deleted later that month as the Charles Chargers are internally protected. My 2004 still has the fuses as I expect they all do. The round trip runs are no more than 30 feet, and for a 3% drop 6AWG is adequate.  Warren,  what size ANL fuse did you use and where did you put it? Got a Part No?
Don Lawson #1005 Mandolin Wind