[C320-list] Raymarine SmartPilot X-5

Simon Rock simonrock at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 01:05:47 PDT 2012

Hi,
Well today was a great day, we did the commissioning of the new autopilot.
I got an SPX-10, ST6002 and linear drive installed on the 375.
I did not have a rudder reference unit installed (based on some feedback from other users on the 36 site).

All I can say is wow - it went really well, it steered to a waypoint, kept my course, and everything else it was meant to do.

The only downside, the linear drive unit has less travel than the rudder, so we cannot turn the wheel as far as we normally do. So this means we will have to change the way we get out of the marina pen.

I could have installed it myself, but used a local marine electrician. While it cost a small premium on the hardware, it is now covered by a full Raymarine warranty. The installer explained that if there was any issues, just give him a call and he would come over and sort it out.

Cheers
Simon

Simon Rock
Lake Macquarie NSW Australia