[C320-list] Wind Instrument Lube

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Fri Mar 16 15:56:50 PDT 2012

Yea.  "Require" may be the operative word here.  They probably don't Require
anything, but then depending on your specific conditions, you may have to
replace it at some point when it stops turning otherwise.

Actually,  :-)  It was the guys at RayMarine themselves in the Nashua, NH
office that did this.

I took mine over to them several years ago (since I live close by).  They
replaced the rod that held the transducers since it had gotten bent and
damaged while I waited.
They set it in a small Tupperware tub and poured in WD-40 from the gallon
can to immerse it for about 5 minutes or so while we chatted.

Then they remounted the wind cups and vane and I was good to go.

I guess it's good for keeping water out of the unit and keeping it running
smoothly.  I asked about that and they said that's what they recommend.
Been doing whenever I can it since then.  I also do this for my home weather
station which is essentially the same thing.

-Jeff