[C320-list] Catalina 320 Regatta - All Catalina Rendezvous... Coming Soon!

Sean Kaldor spkaldor at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 14:35:09 PDT 2012

C320 International Association Members & C320 Owners Everywhere -

As you may have read in the most recent Mainsheet magazine (a benefit to any member of a Catalina association), this year we will forgo our annual Catalina 320 Regatta in favor of coordinating C320 owner meet-ups at the two all-Catalina events held on the US East and West Coasts.

Yesterday, you received a message about the East Coast event. I'm following-up with a not about the West Coast event.

The all-Catalina Rendezvous will be held July 13-15 at Two Harbors on Catalina Island. This spot was chosen as it represents the 30-year anniversary of holding the Rendezvous on Catalina!

The theme is ... the Awesome 80s. There are special events planned throughout the weekend, including a (probably) open bar, community BBQ, seminars, and lots of time to get to know other Catalina owners.

Moorings are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Registration are more event details are available through Catalina Yachts: http://www.catalinayachts.com/newrendezvous12.cfm?part=WEST. The details were just finalized in the past couple of weeks, so spots are still open.

I'd like to strongly encourage you to attend if that is a good weekend. While our past C320 events have been very focused on our tight-knit community, the Rendezvous events offer us the opportunity to benefit from Catalina's larger owner fleet with a strong seminar schedule and longer series of events.

Whether you are tentative, or already booked, please let me know. I'd like to coordinate some time for the C320 members to meet up, swap notes, exchange stores, and maybe share a drink or two. I'm at spkaldor at yahoo.com, or reply to the list to encourage others to attend as well.

Safe Sailing,

Sean
Commodore
C320 IA