[C320-list] Dissimilar metals

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Sun May 20 05:34:42 PDT 2012

The different metals will react in salt environment, but any hardware store will have brass screws. The clock is most likely coated so it will stay shiny. If you care, Buff the new brass screw heads so that they are shiny and give them a quick coat of clear nail polish and they'll stay shiny for quite a while.

hcreech at comcast.net wrote:

I'm sure someone on the list can enlighten me. I just replaced my ships clock with a newer much larger one. I am sure it came with mounting screws but I can't find them. I went to West Marine and all they had was stainless. I have installed the clock, but I am concerned that the stainless steels will react with the solid brass. Any reason for concern? Should I go to a specialty hardware store and buy brass screws?

Thanks,
Herb Creeech
Cloud chaser 606